Industrial plant engineering
Introduction of the Sales Cloud as a global CRM system. Merger-related consolidation of two existing Salesforce systems.
Two existing Salesforce instances were combined to form a single system. By introducing the Sales Cloud, two previously separate teams were connected and their work processes synchronised.
The Pfaudler Group is a leading provider of technologies, systems and services for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries as well as many other industries.
Their portfolio of systems and technologies requires global support for installation, maintenance and optimisation. The company operates in more than 100 countries, has 12 production facilities on 4 continents, employs around 3,000 people worldwide and works with the majority of the world's leading ICIS chemical companies.
We had to map different sales processes and information into one Salesforce system within a very tight schedule. With its experienced team, the long-standing Salesforce partner Cloud Consulting Group reliably supported us in successfully implementing all the necessary tasks. On time!
Two existing Salesforce instances had to be migrated to a single Salesforce system within 4 weeks
Client was having to carry out manual maintenance of leads, customer data and opportunities via different tools such as email, Excel spreadsheets and a non-cloud based CRM
No overview of sales progress for set time periods
Sales forecasts were not possible because data was collected via a number of different tools and not recorded and maintained uniformly and therefore not usable/comparable in a sales pipeline
- Different business units with different regional requirements had to be networked
- Development, conception and introduction of a common Sales Cloud within 4 weeks
- Adaptation and expansion of lead qualification and the entire "Lead to Order" process according to customer requirements
- Implementation of Enterprise Territory Management in Salesforce, which divides customers into different territories and serves as a basis for customisable access and reporting
- Introduction of custom reports and dashboards, and later Tableau CRM (Einstein Analytics)
- Conception and planning of the merger of two Salesforce instances
- Integration of Visual Compliance for an automatic check of blacklisted contacts
- Implementation of a globally accessible CRM system within a short time frame for around 80 users from different regions
- Establishment of a "single point of truth" for all leads, customers and opportunities
- Reliable authorisation and control system through Enterprise Territory Management (for over 1,200 territories)
- Global reporting and sales forecasts based on live data
- Harmonious merger of two Salesforce instances in a few weeks -> all employees on a single Salesforce Org
Initial situation and challenges
Two separate Salesforce systems, manual lead management
The biggest challenge was to migrate data to a single Sales Cloud within 4 weeks.
In this short period of time, all processes and structures had to be mapped and then implemented in the new system, together with the customer (including Lead to Order, territory management and reporting processes).
Migration of two Salesforce instances
An analysis of both Salesforce instances was carried out to answer the question of which instance should be integrated into which. Next, as part of a full audit, all data, processes and automations were brought together to achieve a coherent integration. In order to meet the requirements of all employees and teams involved, regular consultations took place with the departments in India and the Salesforce partner there.
By consistently following our delivery methods, templates and standards, it was possible to put a functional Sales Cloud into operation after just 4 weeks.
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Jitterbit Dataloader
- Tableau CRM (Einstein Analytics)
- Salesforce CPQ
- Jira, Confluence & Lucidchart for agile project management
Introduction of Sales Cloud, acceleration of sales through automation
Through the introduction of a globally accessible Salesforce instance, a new and functional CRM system was implemented that made many time-consuming manual steps obsolete. This led to the acceleration of many processes, especially sales, and resulted in a far greater transparency of internal processes (where there had previously been little to no transparency).
Improved lead classification: Systematic integration and automation of marketing and sales processes increased the closing rate
Real-time reporting and sales pipeline: Up-to-date overview of current sales volumes with the help of reliable reporting and real-time dashboards
Easy collaboration: By eliminating data silos, teams from different locations are now able to work together more easily and efficiently and produce error-free results
Increased data quality: The successful implementation of a common Salesforce instance as a single point of truth has led to the continuous elimination of duplicate or outdated data sets. Sales forecasting in particular benefited from this.
Manufacturing / Medical technology
Faster processing of customer and product transactions through service cloud implementation
Implementation of the Service Cloud for faster processing of customer and product transactions in compliance with strict regulatory requirements in the field of technological eye diagnostics.
Real Estate Investment
Digitalisation relaunch in the real estate industry
With the successful introduction of the Sales Cloud as a digital corporate platform, a fundamental milestone in Patrizia's digitalisation strategy was implemented. Based on this platform, numerous other central business processes were implemented on the Salesforce platform.